Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Are you feeling okay?"

I woke up today to my husband asking me if we had pancake mix. When I told him yes in the cabinet, he was quiet, then he asked do we have syrup? I answered I think so, so I checked the fridge, yup there was syrup too. I pulled out the box of pancake mix, and put it on the counter. He looked and was confused about why it needed oil to make, so I pulled out the oil out of the cabinet for him too. I said I am going to take a shower, when I came out of the shower, he had pancakes made for me and pancakes and eggs made for him. They were yummy too! I wanted to ask him, “Are you feeling okay?” After the comment he made to some of our friends that “I don’t know how to cook, so I like Jen to do the cooking”…I guess we found out that if you can read directions, then you can cook!!!! Oh, and I should mention that lately, he has been making more than just bowls of cereal for himself, he is finally realizing that there are things in the cabinet that are not hard to make for yourself, or for us. It doesn’t have to be a gourmet meal every time! My hubby is learning! Live, laugh and Love!

4 comments:

  1. Does he clean up after himself yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. applaud, approve, blow horn, boost, celebrate, cheer, clap, commend, compliment, give a bouquet, give a posy, give kudos, hail, hand it to, hear it for, honor, praise, puff up, rave, recommend, root, salute, stroke (hey wait a minute where did stroke come from??????? you have to stroke him now??????)

    Geez Christine, one thing at a time

    So he better have used the pancake turner that I bought for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I am damn LUCKY that I got pancakes, I should not complain that I had to clean up....though, he did rinse the dishes he used. Ada, too funny!!!! No, no stroking at this time, I gotta get lots more pancakes before that happens!! he he!! Also, YES!!!! I pulled it out of the drawer, and made him use that really cool and BIG pancake turner!! Apparently it worked good, we got pancakes out of it!
    Kudos for Rob!!!!!

    ReplyDelete