Sunday, August 23, 2009

4 down, 8 to go!

BLAH! Today I am at work working 12 hours. The time today seems to be crawling by….so I have been here for 4 hours and have 8 more to go…..woo hoo…not! Last night, I realized that I had a funny story to tell, from last Sunday morning, so I thought I would share it with you. Now it could be that “you had to be there” kind of thing, but we were cracking up, and me a bit embarrassed…. My mom was in town and we decided to go have breakfast at Cracker Barrel on Sunday morning before she left on Tuesday. We (mom, me, Kim, Adam and Grandma) met there at 10am and were sat at a 6 person table for 5 of us. So after some musical chairs, we were situated, and started to look at the menu. See picture I drew up....
Our server comes over, a nice 40 something woman, and takes our drink order. Everyone orders what they want, and she returns with our drinks. Well, it was a bit humid that day, and I ordered a sweet tea, and of course my glass was sweating. I put a bit more sugar in the tea, because it wasn’t so sweet that day. So then our server came back, to take our food orders, and I decided that my tea was in the way, so I went to pick it up and move it from my left side to my right side by the wall, well, this is as our server was taking Grandma’s order. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, there was a loud crash, and you hear a glass hit the table and ice flying and something that sounded like liquid running. Yup, that was me…..absolutely me, the 30 year old adult that just spilled her drink all over the table. How embarrassing. Well, needless to say, everyone stopped to STARE at me, my face turned beat red (a shade that looked like THIS) I just started cleaning up my mess with my napkin, then napkins just started flying at me, as I looked over at our server she just shook her head, then went to the back, and when she arrived back again, she had towels in her hand, and her tray. As she was cleaning off the table that I had just spilled tea and ice all over, she was yelling at me, like I was her child, but we were all CRACKING up, she was hilarious! It went something like this: “Oh my God, can’t take you anywhere, you are just like a little kid, and how old are you? Spilling your drink all over the place like you are 2 years old, I can’t believe this, and now I have to clean it up for you! There now, don’t spill anymore, what? You want more to drink? Can you handle it without spilling? I doubt it!” We were laughing so hard, and here I am so damn embarrassed still…...she leaves and returns with a little kids sippy cup thing, it is like ¼ of the size of the regular glass, it’s plastic and has a top on it, and a place for your straw. Now we were really cracking up! When she comes back she says “Here, now don’t spill this time! Can you handle not spilling with this cup?” Now, let me tell you that she was not quiet at all what-so-ever whenever she was talking to me, it was like a mother scolding me, as my mom sat next to me laughing the whole time.
So we go on about our ordering process and then our meal comes, and we are eating, every time she comes back to our table, to check on us, she asks if I have spilled my drink yet, then as we are almost done with our meal, she brings me an adult cup, and makes me promise not to spill this time.
We finish our meal and are sitting there talking when she came back to the table, to make sure all is ok, and my grandma told her that she must like her job, because she had us laughing the whole time. She said yes, I do love my job, and I also work at Ruby Tuesdays doing the same thing, I popped up and said I used to work there years ago, she said oh, how come you left, I said “I got a real job” and before I could realize what I said was not cool, her mouth was opened and she was like “ugh”. I was so stupid and embarrassed again, once I realized what I said…..I tried to back track and “what I meant to say was that I got a real job (said it once again) you know, like an office job, where you sit at a desk and stuff?” OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT HERE she was laughing and said after all the things that I did for you today, this is how you treat me? Now, mind you, she still was not quiet with anything she said, and everyone around us was laughing at us and at her. She told me that she is going to keep an eye out for me and will be sure to tell her colleagues about me when I come to either restaurant that she works at. Hilarious! Ok, now that I have written all that for you, now I only have 6 ½ hours left…..so now, 5 ½ down, 6 ½ to go.
Live, Laugh, Love!

1 comment:

  1. ok so when I first started reading the story I was totally thinking, oh you think that is bad let me tell you this...and then I got to the and they gave me a sippy cup; well I guess that is worsethan my story, but I will tell u mine anyway...a couple of weeks ago Scott Stefen and I went to BW3, Stefen was paying attn to the trivia game that was up on the screen (which of course was kind of behind him) and reached for drink and guess what??!!!??? soda all over the table and the floor, so the guy comes over to clean it up and he was like oh dont worry it happens all the time, then he brings Stef a new drink with a lid on it. This lid didnt even really "fit" on the plastic glass that the drinks are served in, so if he had knocked it over again it would not have stopped the soda from spilling, it was so stupid, it was funny. Scott and I were giving him a hard time, teling he that now that he is 18 he has to have lids on his cups.

    ReplyDelete