Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bummer

What a CRAZY couple weeks! First, we had part of the gigantic maple tree in our back yard fall on our house, fence and across the neighbors driveway. Luckily they did not have any cars stacked up on that part of the driveway, like they normally do. That probably would have been un-called-for damage on at least 2 cars. We were also lucky that there was no damage to our house, just to our pocketbooks as they say, in order to get that huge part of the tree cut down. Then we had the air conditioner motor stop working, so we called the guy out to check it out and come to find out that it was not worth fixing, the thing was older than me and Rob, and it was a model that normally would be used for a condo, not a 3 story house!!!! So we had to spend most of our wedding money on a new air conditioner. BUMMER!!!! There goes the honeymoon that I have been begging for. But the good thing that we are hoping to see is a huge savings in our energy bill. Not only that, it no longer sounds like a MAC truck coming through every time the air turns on. Now, it seems to be quieter than our vacuum! Not to mention that while at work we were getting our butts kicked! Seriously! Craziness!!! We did a little yard work on my days off, I know, it’s amazing, this time I am not writing about how I can’t get him to mow the lawn….this time, we did it together, he mowed, I weed whacked (however you spell that) and there was teamwork involved here! First time in a while, then Rob had been wanting to do something about the area of dirt and weeds that was next to the house in the backyard, so we dug up all the weeds, laid down some week b gone stuff that stops the weeds from sneaking through, and then we got some white marble stones and filled in that area. It looks SOOOOOOO much nicer now that it is done, not to mention, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg, like the first 2 paragraphs of my blog today! After doing the yard work on the hottest day of the year, we went fishing at what Rob calls the “secret pond”. Well, it’s only a secret if you don’t live in that neighborhood, cause let me tell you, it seems that EVERYONE saw me catch the first fish (and last fish for that matter) I caught it, and there were a couple softball teams on top of the hill, and some people walking and jogging and riding bikes, that all had to stop and see me catch the fish, I mean don’t get me wrong, it was cool and all, and it was just a little bass, but this sucker was going crazy!! The problem was that I have just learned how to take the bass off the hook by myself (for those of you out there, yes this means that I touch the fish myself too!) So here I am, just caught a little crazy bass, and trying to take if off the hook by myself and all eyes on me, and the stupid thing would not stop jumping, I could barely stabilize it to get the hook out, so I was all flustered and nervous, that I had to call Rob over to help me. He of course did it with no problem, and was the hero! That was fun, then yesterday, we went to the other pond, with my sister and her husband, and I caught quite a few crappie and blue gill! That was fun! Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!

1 comment: