Sunday, March 29, 2009
pelted with snow
I am sitting here freezing, and have been since I woke up today....don't know if I am getting sick or what, but I have also been sneezing all day long too. So, I started off my day today with my alarm waking me up at 8am this morning, because it was on battery mode. Yup, that meant that we woke up with no power, nice. And we look outside only to find about 6 inches of snow on the ground. But snow wasn't the only thing on the ground.....lots of branches, and branches that were still attached to the tree, were all hanging low... this is probably the heaviest snow we have had this year. And seriously, on March 29?!?!?! Doesn't Mother Nature know that I am trying to plan a beautiful May wedding?? She is not helping much with this snow! We thought we were done, but she didn't think so...
Anyway, so yes, we woke up with no power, which means no heat, brrrrrr and no sump pump, eeeeeeek! Then that also means that our fishies were freezing too!! Then, as Rob and I were outside doing our good deed, and helping the older man across the street with his driveway and the heavy snow, we saw 2 Com Ed trucks drive by, boy were we happy to see them!! After about 5 hours with no power, it clicked back on at about 1pm. Just in the nick of time, so I could take a shower and get to work on time....
So, while on my way to work, the snow is falling from the trees, because the wind is blowing, and so when the snow falls, it is freaking heavy, and falls hard. Probably about 8 times, I felt like the snow that my car is being pelted with was gonna come through my sunroof!! Either that or damage my car with a few dents in it!
So that's my story for today, but I must give props to Cheryl, who helped me through a difficult day yesterday (long story) and my sister who I have talked to almost everyday, who is doing her best to keep me sane through these crazy stressful times of planning a wedding!!! And I must not forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRISTINE!!!!!!!! I miss you!!!!!!!
So, everyone, please Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment