Thursday, January 22, 2009

ivory=yellow

Well, just as I said in my last blog, Jordan and I went to see another florist on monday, and it was great, the girl was really nice, and helped us a lot, just from speaking to her, seems like this florist will be a little bit cheaper than the last one that I got a quote from. So as of now, I am just waiting for a quote from this florist, so then we can see who is cheaper, and the other nice thing about this florist is that she is willing to do a mock up of our centerpieces, with other flowers, so I can see what it looks like, and then decide....she was really sweet and willing to help us with any questions. Next, Jordan and I went to Heller Nature Center here in Highland Park to check out the room possibly for the shower, and they gave us some info, so Jordan will be looking into that. After that, we went to a place called the Regency Center in Mundelein to check that place out for the shower, but they were closed, so I will be checking on that in the next couple days. Now, keep in mind that Rob is at home this whole time babysitting Kaitlyn and Jeremy, muhahahahaha! Then we went to Hobby Lobby, looking for some glass vases for the centerpieces, they had nothing, then we went to the card and party store, where we found the ring bearers pillow, and the flower girls basket, they are so pretty, and believe me I have been searching the internet for the perfect ones, and these are perfect! Yay, so another thing done! Then on to Michaels where we found that they had the vases, just none in stock, but we did find the vases for the head table, so that's one more thing done! So, later we had Brian meet us to go to the Tux place, it was Mens Warehouse, and come to find out that the MW Tux is the same place. Anyway, we met Brian there, and he was actually on time!!!! Woo hoo! Go Brian! He was already measured and everything, so we went in there, and checked out some styles and colors, which they don't have any that matches our color that we already chose for the bridesmaid's dresses, they have one that is close but not quite it, and in that color that is close, we cannot get a patterned vest or tie, they are just satiny looking, and to me that looks cheezy. So then we talk about Rob's color vest and tie that he will be wearing, which will be ivory to match my dress, right? Well, that is not okay, according to Rob, he was very unhappy that my dress is ivory, he wanted me to have a white dress that would then make me look like a ghost walking down the aisle, not to mention, he thinks that ivory means yellow, and let me tell you, the color he hates the most is yellow!!!!!! What was I thinking?!?!?!?!?! OMG, let me tell you, he was having a cow! Here's what happened, so he kept saying what color will I wear, and we kept telling him ivory, so he kept saying white, and we kept saying ivory, then he got mad and asked then what color is ivory? So, I turned to a page in the book that they were having us look at, and they had the colors in there, so of course it is on a white paper, so ivory does kinda look a little yellowish, but OMG, he was going crazy!! How dare I pick ivory for the color of my dress?!?!?!? Finally with the help of Jordan and Brian, they helped me talk to him and calm him down about the color of my dress.....I told him that when he sees me walk down the aisle, he better be telling me that I look beautiful, not "You're wearing a yellow dress!!" Cause if he does, I might have to throw my shoe at him, which by the way is ivory too!!! Whew! by the time we got done there, we were pooped, between arguing with Rob about the color of my dress and the color that he will be wearing, and trying to understand the people and their policies that by the way make no sense. You can have this vest in this color and this one in that pattern, but in this color and pattern, you cannot order them for weddings anymore, so if we really wanted that color and pattern, then we would have to say there were you know 8 guys going to prom that are all 20-30 something and older.....that really makes sense to me, what do you think?? Live laugh and love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment